Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Days 110 and 111 (Thu 11/8/12 & Fri 11/9/12)- Bakersfield, CA

Seeing this entry's heading you might assume Bakersfield was so enjoyable we decided to stay for 2 days. You would be wrong. I really can't describe a single thing in the city as enjoyable.

Anytime I had ever heard of Bakersfield it was regarding its glorious weather. Well, the sun snubbed us. I would go so far as to say it was chilly.

We spent most of our time researching the next leg of our trip and trying to find a damn magnet. I should explain.

After thinking long and hard about souvenirs, a collectible, that will take up little room, that is fairly inexpensive and will last for years, magnets seemed like the perfect solution. To date I have a magnet from each of the states we've been to and proudly display them on the inside paneling of our van. You may have seen a burro trying to eat one.

Bakersfield was our last chance at a California magnet. This meant searching several stores. I became so desperate that I even walked across the street to a gas station, while Isaiah ordered lunch. I came back empty handed and, worse, twisted ankled, after a pot hole bit me and a man with no teeth watched and smirked at my downfall.

Isaiah is completely mystified as to the importance/sanity of my magnet quest, but still drove all around town with me and helped me hobble around after the pot hole incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment