Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 184 (Monday 1/21/13)- Breaking Bad

Though 27 might be a little young to make such a bold statement, hell, this very well might be one of the best days of my life. Arriving early on set in the hope of scoring a free breakfast I quickly made friends with an eclectic bunch of Extras and gorged myself on a buffet table full of food.

Morning involved Wardrobe, Hair and Makeup and waiting to be driven to set. Also, I had the special pleasure of seeing Aaron Paul (Jesse), Bryan Cranston (Walt), Betsey Brandt (Marie) and Dean Norris (Hank) as I walked to and from the bathroom throughout the morning (drinks were free too).

Around 11am or so we loaded into vans and drove about 100 feet from the tents and trailers to the restaurant where the scene was being filmed. Sitting with my new group of friends at a table that was hopefully within frame, I had the nicest wordless conversations (you can't actually talk as the mikes will pick up the sound), ate chips (for continuity sake once I had a chip on the first take, I had to have one every time...darn) all the while sitting feet away from everyone mentioned above, as well as Anna Gunn (Skyler). In between scenes we were treated to a catered lunch and I found out they actually pay you to do all this (not nearly enough to cover the cost of gas getting here, but still incoming money, rather than just outgoing).

All in all it was an amazing 11 hours and I felt it ended too soon. However Isaiah was glad to see me as he had been in the van all day, unable to be on set and having nowhere other than an abandoned shopping mall to go to. As a treat for his patience we managed to time things perfectly and pull up next to the whole cast as they unloaded from their transport van, Heisenberg's head gleaming.


Post Hair and Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment