Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 60 (Sunday 8/19/12)- Badlands, SD

Following several days of intense exploration we have historically needed a down day. Today was no exception. In the middle of a sweltering prairie with buffalo shuffling about, we lounged beside a river--well more like a mud trough. Still it was quite nice. I eagerly read the second book in the series I am currently engrossed in and Isaiah read magazines (I've talked about how this trip is making me dumb.  You may have noticed how quickly I've gone from novel reading to magazine scanning.  To clarify the magazines were New Yorkers so maybe my de-evolution isn't yet complete. I'll be avidly thumbing through National Enquirers, gawking at alien babies by the time Texas rolls around).

It was a wonderful and relaxing day. A real vacation. Sorry, what makes for a delightful unwinding and recuperation also makes for a boring blog post. Oh, I should mention we woke to the sight of Bison 20 feet from our van.



Badlands National Park
 

Badlands National Park 
 
 
Badlands National Park
 

Prairiedog town in Badlands
 

Bison traffic jam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment