Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 322 (Saturday 6/8/13)- Myrtle Beach, SC

Having heard people talk about Myrtle Beach we set out to find out what made it special. Though the beach itself was a treat, the town unfortunately was not.

Lucking into free nearby parking we hiked to the beach for a poorly planned dipped. Or I should say I did. Isaiah smartly put on his suit whereas I was "just going to put my feet in." This of course did not happen and as soon as the warm water hit my feet I was ready to go for it.

Deciding to make a beer run and come back we were aghast when the cashier would not accept out IDs. Apparently thinking our faded change of address labels (that did not cover up our DOBs) were some expertly concocted rouse we were turned away. Explaining that we had never had a problem in any other state didn't help matters. Neither did the fact that I was dripping wet.

Frustrated already we overheard a conversation in the parking lot that convinced us to expedite our leave. As they got in their car one woman (who clearly had lived a hard life so far) said to another "I can't believe he recognized me...but I guess I was the only woman in jail." 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment